Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Taylor, Laini. Daughter of Smoke & Bone. New York: Little, Brown, 2011. Print. ISBN-13: 9780316134026. Formats available: hardcover, paperback, ebook, audiobook. Paperback $7.31. Kindle $1.99.
Info 684 Genre: Fantasy
Once upon a time an angel and a devil fell in love.
It did not end well.
Karou is an art student in Prague. She’s a little bit different. Her sketchbooks are full of drawings of fantastical creatures and her hair grows out of her head blue. Karou has her feet in two different worlds; the one we know of, and the other one. Karou doesn’t know who or what she is. But she’s about to find out.
Themes include: Identity, truth and lies, the supernatural, violence, love
Honors/Awards: YALSA Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults 2012, finalist for Andre Norton Award and Children’s Choice Book Awards Teen Book of the Year.
About the Author: Laini Taylor is also the author of the other books in the Smoke and Bone trilogy, as well as other YA books.
- You can learn more about her and her books at her website
- There is also an official tumblr for Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It includes a lot of extra and interactive content.
- Locate Daughter of Smoke and Bone at your local library through Worldcat.org
- If you liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone you can see similar titles at goodreads.com
- Here’s an interview with Laini Taylor about Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Citation & Credits
Book cover image: Courtesy of Amazon.com
Book Talk: Kelsey Bogan. 2015. All rights reserved.
Sugarscape. “Laini Taylor author of Daughter of Smoke and Bone talks to Sugarscape.” Online Video clip. YouTube.com. 1 October 2011. Web. 11 July 2015.
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. “Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (book trailer).” Online video clip. YouTube.com 23 September 2011. Web. 11 July 2015.