Brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is to talk about the top bookish things I want to quit!
- The first thing I have to quit is reading too many reviews of a book before reading it. I keep accidentally spoiling the book and then I don’t want to read it! This happened recently with Allegiant from the Divergent series! And then once it was spoiled I didn’t want to read the book anymore. This is a really bad habit I need to break.
- Another bad habit I have is binge-reading a book in one sitting (or a series back-to-back) to the extent that I skip doing chores or even sleeping. Sometimes if its a big book release I even schedule the day off from work so I can start reading the book at midnight when it gets to my kindle lol! Now that I’m an official adult I should probably work on this
- I really need to work on slogging through all the e-ARCs I request. I’ve had some bad luck with a couple of my choices lately and it feels like torture getting through them, but i should try harder I suppose.
- I currently have a bunch of TBR lists all over the place, and I think I should work on keeping them in one place. I have one on my blog, one of goodreads, one on my “stickies” app, and yet another in a word document lol! Oh also an amazon wish list!
- Sometimes I spend more time reading book reviews and creating TBR lists in a night than I do actually reading a book from the list! Not very efficient!
- I really really need to work on getting my book reviews written immediately after reading the book. I read a lot of books, sometimes I could read 5 a week and I’m good about keeping track of whats been read but I can be bad about writing the reviews right away. But get better at this!
- Im new to book blogging and reviewing so I haven’t gotten great at taking notes while reading yet. Im still used to just reading the book, but to write better reviews I want to try to actually take notes while reading.
- I read almost all of my books on my kindle, but I’m really bad about keeping my “collections” organized. Like when I buy a new book I don’t always remember to put it in the author’s collection. Its like having “messy” virtual book shelves
Well thats 8 bad habits, I couldn’t think of two more right now! I’m sure they’ll come to me right after making this post.
Do any of you guys have similar bad habits?