All of my signage is freely available below. You may use it! You may not sell it or share it as your own. Be cool, ok? 🙂
**While I provide my signage for free, I DO GRATEFULLY WELCOME COMPENSATION IN THE FORM OF DONATIONS TO MY SCHOOL LIBRARY FROM OUR AMAZON WISHLIST. **
It is not required but it is very greatly appreciated if you are able! We have a hard time keeping up with our student’s voracious hunger for bookmarks and makerspace items, so every little bit of help is greatly appreciated!
Saving on Budget by Making My Own Signage (no poster printer needed)
I love making my own signage. Partly its because I’m budget-conscious and I like saving $ where we can by embracing DIY opportunities where I’m able. Signage is one area its relatively easy to save $ on, thanks to awesome tools like canva.com and rasterbator.net
I enjoy making my own signage also because I like design AND because I’m just a little bit picky and particular. I like my signage to be custom so it conveys what I need it to convey, and I like it to be the size I want it to be. I’m a little bit controlling in that way lol.
- How I create my signage for free and without a poster printer:
- I first determine the size I want the final sign/poster to be.
- Then I go to canva.com and create a custom blank document to the determined size specification.
- Then I either design from scratch or use a canva template to design the signage.
- Next I download the sign as a .PNG to my computer
- Then I go to rasterbator.net
- In rasterbator I upload the PNG and then play with the settings and output until the rasterbator “poster size” is listed as the size I want my final sign/poster to be.
- Then I click “continue,” “no effects” continue, continue and then “complete poster”
- Give it a minute and the PDF of your poster will download to your desktop.
- You now have a PDF of your poster which can be printed on any standard printer. Once I print it, I then trim the white margins off and I then tape the poster together and laminate it. And voila! A free poster of any size and any design I want. It costs in labor because its a bit time consuming, but it saves on costly signage you order from other vendors.
From this point down you can view my signage and then access the editable templates via the canva template links provided. Enjoy!